Saturday, August 28, 2010

Go to the movie for the geology, stay for the gore

Well, the New York Times predictably looked down their noses at the release of Arizona-based "Pirahna 3D" last week. But the Tucson Weekly gave it 3.5 stars and applauded its return to classic B-movie roots, calling it "the goriest horror blast in many a year..." For some reason, I have not been able to convince my wife to go with me to see this with its 3-D "underwater naked ballet scene that is a majestic wonder to behold." Go figure.

The preview clip shows the earthquake-generated fault opening under Lake Havasu, releasing thousands of prehistoric pirahna from an underwater cave. However, going to this movie to see how they handled the geology is like saying you used to read Playboy for the articles.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I totally did this for Last of the Mohicans. My friends were all jearing at the Daniel Day-Lewis culmination scene and all I'm doing is going "ohhh look at the rock!"

    ReplyDelete