The folks at Visit Tucson provided updates about the next Tucson Gem, Mineral & Fossil Showcase, which runs January 31-February 15, 2015. [photo credit Visit Tucson] Here is the latest news:
- A new wholesale show will move into the Grand Luxe Hotel & Resort, formerly the Grant Inn, at Grant & I-10
- The Whole Bead Show is now a trunk show located at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University on River Road.
- Tucson Bead Show has relocated to Radisson Suites Tucson on Speedway for 2015.
- The Holidome show is moving to its own tent and property just west of the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tucson Airport-North.
The theme for the 2015 Tucson Gem & Mineral Show® is Minerals of Western Europe. Check out the show details using their brand new website at tgms.org and the Visit Tucson show site at
Tips for staying up to date:
- Follow them on Twitter (@TucsonGems) and Pinterest (TucsonGems)
- Visit the website tucsongemshow.org as well as the mobile site at gemshow.visittucson.org
- Call Gem Show Hotline at 520-622-GEMS! Staffed 24/7, a joint initiative of Visit Tucson and Tucson Fire Department (Hotline is open January 20-February 15, 2015.)
- There will be welcome tables at Tucson International Airport (baggage claim areas), running January 28-February 8, 2015 and at Tucson Convention Center during the American Gem Trade Association Show (AGTA) and the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show® (TGMS)
- Tucson Visitor Center in La Placita Village has all the latest information on Downtown restaurant openings, local attractions and directions. Open Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sat.-Sun., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Stop and chat with one of the City of Tucson’s volunteer docents. You will find them peppered throughout the Downtown area wearing logo’d shirts and ID badges, so you know they are official. They will have the tools necessary to point you in the right direction. This service runs January 30-February 15, 2015.