- better hazard prediction and mitigation;
- understanding the geologic setting of natural resources, such as groundwater, minerals and energy;
- knowledge of deep-time climates and their relevance to modern climate issues;
- restoration of rivers, deltas, coasts and farmlands affected by human activities;
- understanding the four-billion-year history of life on Earth;
- increased science capabilities and competence of U. S. students and universities;
- responding to needs and challenges in the earth sciences identified by government, industry and academia.
How Do Climate Models Work? Answer Here.
2 days ago