The U.S. Dept. of Energy is making up to $10 million available this year through the DOE’s Tribal Energy Program "to support the evaluation, development and deployment of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects on tribal lands that will help save energy and money, expand the use of renewable energy resources, and promote economic development for tribal communities."
Arizona tribes have received support for a dozen projects since the mid-'90's. One is the Hualapai Valley Solar project in Mohave County [right].
- Ak Chin Indian Community 2004
- Fort Mojave Indian Tribe 2003
- Hopi Tribe 2005
- Hopi Tribe 2003
- Hualapai Tribe 2010
- Hualapai Tribe 2005
- Hualapai Tribe 1995
- Navajo Nation 1999
- Navajo Nation - Navajo Tribal Utility Authority 2005
- White Mountain Apache Tribe 2002
- White Mountain Apache Tribe 1994
- Yavapai-Apache Nation 2004