NASA reports that the hardware being demonstrated includes:
- Space Exploration Vehicles – a pair of rovers that astronauts will live in for 7 days at a time
- Habitat Demonstration Unit/Pressurized Excursion Module – a simulated habitat where the rovers can dock to allow the crew room to perform experiments or deal with medical issues
- Tri-ATHLETEs, or -Terrain Hex-Legged Extra-Terrestrial Explorer – two heavy-lift rover platforms that allow the habitat, or other large items, to go where the action is
- portable communications terminals
- Centaur 2 – a possible four-wheeled transportation method for NASA Robonaut 2
- Portable Utility Pallets, or PUPs for short – mobile charging stations for equipment
- And a suite of new geology sample collection tools, including a self-contained GeoLab glove box for conducting in-field analysis of various collected rock samples.
More news at ASU.