Science Foundation Arizona is more than tripling state investments in job and business development in science and techology arenas.
An annual review by Battelle Technology Partnership Practice found that "since it began disbursing competitive grants in fiscal year 2007 through 2010, the cumulative impact of SFAz grants has led to:
· The creation of 1,524 direct jobs and thousands more indirect jobs
· The establishment of 16 new technology companies
· 1,168 scientific publications
· 120 patents filed and/or issued
· 12 new technology licenses in place