Monday, June 01, 2009

Phoenix company offering commercial space travel


I stumbled across a link to RocketShip Tours, a Phoenix-based company that is offering rides to outer space in their private rocket. It's the first I've heard of them.

"The two-seat Lynx vehicle takes off horizontally from a runway with a powerful ascent reaching Mach 2 on its way to 200,000 feet." The single passenger will sit next to pilot Col. Rick Searfoss, retired Air Force fighter pilot, test pilot, and astronaut.

The $95,000 price tag includes "a five night stay at a luxury resort during training and preparation, medical evaluation and screening, the cancellation insurance policy, and of course the Lynx flight itself."

You know, I could have bought seats for my wife and I both a year ago, using my 401K retirement funds that have since evaporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment