Thursday, October 18, 2007

USGS' 6 goals for the coming decade


The USGS identified 6 strategic goals for the coming decade in an article published this week in Science magazine (http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/318/5848/200).

They include:
1. Understanding ecosystems and predicting ecosystem change
2.
Climate variability and change
3.
Energy and minerals for America's future
4.
National hazards risk and resilience assessment program
5.
The role of environment and wildlife in human health
6.
A water census for the United States


The full report on the USGS plan is published in
USGS, "Facing tomorrow's challenges: U.S. Geological Survey science in the decade 2007-2017" (Circular 1309, USGS, Reston, VA, version 1.0, April 2007); available at http://pubs.usgs.gov/circ/2007/1309/.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Mr. Lee Allison:

    I spotted your blog site and instantly liked it. On my blog I added link to your blog so that I can come back to visit you often.

    On May 21, 2007 you posted this about tellurium. I think that's a great idea. So have you invested in physical tellurium yet? Where do you purchase this material from? At what price? What web site do you use to check out current and historical price of tellurium?

    I apprciate you answer my questions. Thanks. Also interested in palladium investment? Then look at my web site. Call me crazy but I put 90% of my retirement into SWC and PAL because of palladium.

    JJ The Palladium King

    ReplyDelete