Monday, May 30, 2016

Free to good home - 50+ years of GSA and AAPG bulletins

I am cleaning out my own library in preparation for the AZGS move to the University of Arizona.   I had amassed a pretty comprehensive collection of Geological Society of America and American Association of Petroleum Geologists bulletins over the years.   They extend from the 1940s with a few gaps into the early 2000s when I switched to digital versions on CD.

The AZGS library also has an extensive collection of GSA Bulletins and it's unlikely we'll have room for them in the move since our office space is being cut by 75%.

I am not optimistic that there will be takers for these hard copies, so much is now online.  But before tossing them in the dumpster, I wanted to give it a shot.

Give me a shout if you know anyone who would to fill a few of their bookcases.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:58 PM

    I posted your offer on several forums. Hopefully you will be contacted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi:
    I would be interested in them? Who do I contact?
    Thank you
    Tom H.

    E:mail oldies1955@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi:
    I would be interested in them, Who do I contact?
    Thank you
    Tom H.
    oldies1955@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would Ebay these, Lee. I think you can get a great price.
    (Although you can get all or most of the USGS publications for free on their publications warehouse, Amazon still sells 20 year old open file reports for $15-$20, so who knows?)

    I'm going to try to get a $thousand for my Diamondbacks bobbleheads on Ebay. I just have to be patient.

    ReplyDelete